Daily Email

Monday, October 22, 2012

Prayer: Prayer for a Journey

Tobit said [to the angel],
‘My son Tobias wishes to go to Media.
Will you join him as his guide?
Brother, I will pay you.’

He replied,
‘I am willing to go with him;
I know all the ways;
I have been to Media, I have crossed all its plains and mountains,
and I know all the roads.’ …

… ‘I will complete the journey with him.
Do not be afraid.
On the outward journey all will be well;
on the journey back all will be well; the road is safe.’

Tobit said, ‘Blessings on you brother!’

Then he turned to his son,
‘My child,’ he said ‘prepare what you need for the journey,
and set off with your brother.

May God in heaven protect you abroad
and bring you both back safe and sound!
May his angel go with you and protect you, my child!’


- Tobit 5: 14, 20-21 -
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Brendan Kelly. S.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment