Daily Email

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Song: Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam by Matthew Ferraro

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
For the Greater Glory of God
For the Greater Glory of God

My heart beats in emptiness
I reach to you, Lord, to find my spirit
Quietly listening, your voice is calling
In the wind, the trees, the power of the seas
In all creation I hear my Lord

What have I done for Christ?
What can I do for Christ?
What shall I do for Christ?

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
For the Greater Glory of God
For the Greater Glory of God

Take my will and memory
My imagination I give to you Lord
Renew my spirit; by your wounds cleanse me
Enlighten me with the Spirit
Walk with me to eternity

What have I done for Christ?
What can I do for Christ?
What shall I do for Christ?

From my sleep I now awake
My soul is full of your loving grace
In all the darkness fear will not take me
The light of the Lord is my fire, my sword
For He has called me by my name

Jesu Hominum Salvator
Jesu Hominum Salvator
Jesu Hominum Salvator
Jesu Hominum Salvator

6 comments:

  1. wow... i finally found the lyrics of this song. now i am wondering where i can download it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arniel, what a great name you have! I am not sure where the music can be downloaded, but you can check with Loyola Productions in L.A., California. They have the worked commissioned for the Jubilee Year of 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I graduated last spring from a Jesuit high school, and the choir I was a part of sang this song for all of our big church events. I love it, thanks so much for putting the lyrics up. I'm going to try to convince my university's church choir to get the sheet music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are part of the Ignatian family and I'm delighted your choir sang part of this song for liturgies. There's a terrific sentiment to it. I do hope your university church choir can perform it. Maybe you can have someone video record it and put it on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to preview the track (or buy the AMDG CD), go to the composer's (Matthew Ferraro) website store
    http://www.matthewferraro.com/shop/AMDG_sample1/store1_sample1.html
    The song was at one time accessible on the California Province website, but I can't find it today. It is a truly great song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reference. I ordered several copies years ago from Loyola Productions who produced the videl "AMDG: A world is not enough."

    ReplyDelete