Daily Email

Monday, November 1, 2010

Spirituality: Desire within divine-human intimacy by John Dunne

There is a desire in all our desires, I believe, an enthusiasm in all our enthusiasms. It is an unknowing love of God. It is what I may call “my ancient soul of a child.” To hear that love in all our loves is to hear “ancient voices of children,” and I may have to go very far along love’s road to know it and to love with a love that is knowing…

As love becomes more knowing, or more knowingly “unknowing,” as I learn to discern the love of God in all our loves, I become more peaceful about love not being consummated in possession, about the words I love not being mine, about the music I love not being mine, about the friend I love not being mine alone. It is consummated rather in being “one with God” who belongs to all, who is “mine own, and not mine own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment