Daily Email

Monday, January 10, 2011

Prayer: Prayer to Recite on your Birthday "On My Birthday"

I post this prayer early in the calendar year so you may have a prayer to say for yourself upon your birthday this year.

Thank you, Father, for the gift of life, for this undeserved grace I received constantly.
Thank you for this marvelous secret, this most precious of gifts which I take for granted.
You call me into being every passing instant, and I would not exist except by your grace.

Thank you for thinking of me, creating me, placing me in your great world in the company of good and loving people.
Thank you for my parents, my family, and those who have loved me and taught me how to love.

Bless all those who have cared for my health and well-being, all those who have helped me to love life.
Bless everyone who remembers me on this birthday.

Thank you for the unique gifts you have given me, for my health and strength, senses and memory, for the power to think, to love and to understand.

Thank you for the year of life I have had and for the years or moments that you will still give me on this earth.

All the beauty I have seen, all the love I have received and given, all the things I have been able to do, were your gifts - gifts that came to me unasked, undeserved, totally without pay.

What more has your love prepared for me?
What marvels of your tender mercy are still hidden from my sight?
You invite me to trust you in the future, and to expect still greater gifts from you.
I will look forward, then, to the time that still remains, with hope, with excitement, with peace.

My birthdays remind me of the greatness of your love, the goodness of my dear ones, and the fleeting pace of life.

As I enjoy this life and the love I give and receive, prepare my heart for my Eternal Birthday, when you will welcome me to my true and endless life, with gifts far beyong my widest fantasies.

May that birthday be the best of all.

3 comments:

  1. Oops is it your birthday or are you just preparing in advance for allcomers ?
    If it was your birthday I wish you many happy returns ! This is a beautiful prayer
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Philomena. You are kind to wish me good greetings. My birthday is in November. I posted this prayer so that anyone can pray this prayer on his or her birthday during the year.

    ReplyDelete