Daily Email

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spirituality: The Path to God by Anthony de Mello, S.J.

One day the Master asked, "What, in your opinion, is the most important of all religious questions?"

He got many answers: "Does God exist?" "Who is God?" "What is the path to God?" "Is there a life after death?"

"No," said the Master. "The most important question is: 'Who am I?'"

The disciples got some idea of what he was hinting at when they overheard him talking to a preacher:

Master: "So then, according to you, when you die your soul will be in heaven?"
Preacher: "Yes."
Master: "And your body will be in the grave?"
Preacher: "Yes."
Master: "And where, may I ask, will you be?"

1 comment:

  1. Right there with my soul please.
    I can't remember the exact part of the bible but it is the one that says
    There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. So I am not my body !!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete