Daily Email

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Prayer: My Morning Prayer (Psalm 118) (author unknown)

O God, for another day, for another morning, for another hour, for another minute, for another chance to live, I am truly grateful.

Today, Lord, free me...
     ...from all fear of the future,
     ...from all anxiety about tomorrow,
     ...from all bitterness towards anyone,
     ...from all cowardice in face of danger,
     ...from all laziness in the face of work,
     ...from all failure before opportunity,
     ...from all weakness before your power.

But fill me...
     ...with love that knows no barrier,
     ...with sympathy that reaches all,
     ...with courage that cannot be shaken,
     ...with faith strong enough for the darkness,
     ...with strength sufficient for my tasks,
     ...with loyalty to your kingdom's goal,
     ...with wisdom to meet life's complexities,
     ...with power to life me to you.

Amen

2 comments:

  1. There is so much meaning in this prayer; however, one line stands out for me: "with faith strong enough for the darkness" as I pictured myself as a little child. It was the darkness of the night that grew my faith as I talked to God asking God to be there with me in my great fear of the dark as a child. That fear became the path that led me to a deep relationship with God. I am so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting how God takes our fears and makes them into our strengths. It is a helpful prayer to remember who we are in relationship to God.

      Delete