Daily Email

Monday, November 12, 2012

Prayer: The Book of Uncommon Prayer

Deliver me to myself
that I may stop
fretting the hours in vain,
looking for what's lacking
always elsewhere and otherwise.
Let befall me the peace
which drops like wind,
suddenly, between even the slightest
folds of a linnet's wing,
between shadow and sky, the hush
like the intervals of quiet
between questions, between the calls
of crickets, the sorrows
of one season and the next,
swift and sure and sharp
as grace.

Katherine Mosby, 1996

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful John, especially at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil. It now feels like Fall in Amman so it creates a reflective time where a poem like this resonates.

      Delete
  2. This is quite beautiful. Do you have more details about the book? I'd like to buy it and there are several with that title on Amazon by different authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. This one is by Katherine Mosby. I think the book was published in 1996. Shall I try to get more detail?

      Delete