Daily Email

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Prayer: Our Father

I say... "Our"
     ...because I know my faith needs to have more room for other people and their needs.

I say... "Father"
     ...because I want a fundamental parental relationship in my daily life.

I say... "who is in heaven"
     ...because most of all my interests and pursuits are earthly concerns.

I say... "holy is your name"
     ...because I, who am uniquely called, strive to recognize God's mystery in the ordinary.

I say... "Your kingdom come"
     ...because I am willing to give up my self-centeredness to accept the reign of God.

I say... "You will be done"
     ...so I can welcome God's abundant wisdom into my day.

I say... "on earth as it is in heaven"
   ...because the way I live in the "here and now" matters to the "not yet."

I say... "give us this day our daily bread"
     ...so I can be grateful of God's overflowing graces and so I can give to the needy around me.

I say... "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"
     ...because I need to reconcile myself to others, God, and myself and I need to understand the many ways I have been against as I strive for right relations.

I say... "lead us not into temptation"
     ...so I may choose freely what brings me life and discern those things that harm me.

I say... "deliver us from evil"
     ...so I recognize that Christ has already conquered sin and death.

I say... "the kingdom and the power and the glory are yours, now and forever."
     ...so I accept that you provide for us as gift and without you, I can do nothing.

I say... "Amen."
     ...so I can let my trust grow in you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. It is perfect to give to our RCIA catechumens and candidates when we present them with the Our Father. Would it be alright if I did that?

    ReplyDelete