Daily Email

Friday, April 5, 2013

Poem: "Awaken Me" by Joyce Rupp

Risen One,
come, meet me
in the garden of my life.

Lure me into elation.
Revive my silent hope.
Coax my dormant dreams.
Raise up my neglected gratitude.
Entice my tired enthusiasm.
Give life to my faltering relationships.
Roll back the stone of my indifference.
Unwrap the deadness in my spiritual life.
Impart heartiness in my work.

Risen One,
send me forth as a disciple of your unwavering love,
a messenger
of your unlimited joy.

Resurrected One,
may I become
ever more convinced
that your presence lives on,
and on, and on,
and on.

Awaken me!
Awaken me!

(Taken from Out of the Ordinary)

4 comments:

  1. So gentle and yet so powerful. I was privileged to spend a weekend at a retreat with Joyce Rupp several years ago and as it was a small group, we had the opportunity to spend time with her. She is a person of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a fortunate woman to have been a part of her retreat.

      Delete
  2. It is a really sweet poem. You're so good at poetry, John. I appreciate it.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Henry Jordan
    The Equation Game

    ReplyDelete