Daily Email

Monday, June 10, 2013

Prayer: The Paradoxes of Prayer


I asked God for strength, so that I might achieve.
I was made weak, so that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked God for health, so that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity, so that I might do better things.
I asked God for riches, so that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, so that I might be wise.
I asked God for power, so that I might have the praise of others.
I was given weakness, so that I might feel the need for God.
I asked God for all things, so that I might enjoy life.
I was given life, so that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing I asked for but everything I had hoped for.
        Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all people, most richly blest!

No comments:

Post a Comment