Daily Email

Monday, August 26, 2013

Spirituality: Ignatius of Loyola in his Spiritual Exercises, p. 235

I will ponder with great affection how much God our Lord has done for me, and how much he has given me of what he possesses, and finally, how much, as far as he can, the same Lord desires to give himself to me according to his divine decrees.

Then I will reflect upon myself, and consider, according to all reason and justice, what I ought to offer the Divine Majesty, that is, all I possess and myself with it.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when I made the 19th Annotation and I thought about God's generosity to me and how little I had to offer my Lord and everything I had was already a gift from God. It was very humbling to really acknowledge that I am nothing without God and yet I am everything that I need to be with God. Thanks be to God.

    ReplyDelete