Daily Email

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Prayer: "Transfiguration" by Pope Francis

Transfigure me, Lord, transfigure me,
but not only me.
Purify also
all the children of your Father
who pray to you with me or who have prayed to you
or who perhaps did not even have a mother
who helped them babble an Our Father.

Transfigure us, Lord, transfigure us.

If perhaps they know you not or have their doubts
or even blaspheme you, wipe their faces clean
as Veronica wiped yours;
draw back the thick cataracts of their eyes
so that they see you, Lord, as I see you.

Transfigure them, Lord, transfigure them.

2 comments:

  1. This prayer has moved me deeply. We who have had someone help us "babble an Our Father" are blessed but we need to bless others by being Christ with skin on for them.

    ReplyDelete