Daily Email

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Song: "Song of the Brightness of Water" by Karol Wojtyla (John Paul II)

From the depth – I came only to draw water
in a jug – so long ago, this brightness
still clings to my eyes – the perception I found,
and so much empty space, my own,
reflected in the well.

Yet it is good. I can never take all of you
into me. Stay then as a mirror in the well.
Leaves and flowers remain, and each astonished
gaze brings them down
to my eyes
transfixed more by light
than by sorrow.

Refrain:

When I think of my Country, I look for a road running upward,
like a high-voltage current cutting through slopes. This road
is in each of us, steep and upward, not allowing us to stop.
The road follows the same slopes, returns to the same places,
becomes a great silence visiting the tired lungs of my land
evening after evening.

4 comments:

  1. "I can never take all of you into me". Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, today I rewrote Psalm 130 in my own words. I'll post it for September 1st. It kind of sounds like this.

      Delete
    2. I'm looking forward to reading that. Blessings.

      Delete