Daily Email

Monday, November 13, 2017

Prayer: “The Celtic Tradition” (Author Unknown)

Christ’s cross over this face, and thus over my ear.
Christ’s cross over this eye.
Christ’s cross over this nose.
Christ’s cross before me to accompany me.
Christ’s cross behind me to accompany me.
Christ’s cross to meet every difficulty both on hollow and hill.
Christ’s cross eastwards facing me.
Christ’s cross back towards the sunset.
In the north, in the south, increasingly may Christ’s cross straightway be.
Christ’s cross up to broad Heaven.
Christ’s cross down to earth.
Let no evil or hurt come to my body or my soul.
Christ’s cross over me as I sit.
Christ’s cross over me as I lie.
Christ’s cross be all my strength until we reach the King of Heaven.
From the top of my head to the nail of my toe, O Christ, against every danger I trust in the protection of the cross.
Till the day of my death, going into the clay, I shall draw without – Christ’s cross over this face.

No comments:

Post a Comment