Daily Email

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Poem: “Epiphany” by Macrina Wiederkehr, O.S.B.

Creator of the Stars
God of Epiphanies
You are the Great Star
You have marked my path with light

You have filled my sky with stars, naming each star, guiding it, until it shines into my heart, awakening me to deeper seeing, new revelations, and brighter epiphanies.

O Infinite Star Giver,

I now ask for wisdom and courage to follow these stars for their names are many and my heart is fearful.

They shine on me wherever I go: the Star of Hope, the Star of Mercy and Compassion, the Star of Justice and Peace, the Star of Tenderness and Love, the Star of Suffering, the Star of Joy.

And every time I feel the shine, I am called to follow it, to sing it, to live it, all the way to the cross and beyond.

O Creator of the Stars,
You have become within me an unending Epiphany.

Season of Your Heart: Prayers and Reflections, pp. 53-54.

No comments:

Post a Comment